- 2 slices whole-wheat sandwich bread
- 2 kilos broccoli florets
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups diced onion
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- 3 ½ cups low-sodium hen broth
- 6 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- ¾ teaspoon floor pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded Colby Jack cheese, divided
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 300 levels F. Coat a 9-by-13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Step 2 Tear bread into items and course of in a meals processor till coarse crumbs kind. Unfold the breadcrumbs on a baking sheet and bake till dry and crispy, about 10 minutes.
- Step 3 In the meantime, convey 1 to 2 inches of water to a boil in a big pot fitted with a steamer basket. Steam broccoli till simply tender, 4 to six minutes. Chop coarsely and unfold evenly within the ready baking dish.
- Step 4 Enhance oven temperature to 350 levels F.
- Step 5 Warmth 1 tablespoon butter and the oil in a big saucepan over medium-high warmth. Add onion and garlic; cook dinner, stirring often, till comfortable and translucent, 3 to five minutes. Sprinkle flour over the greens and cook dinner for 1 minute. Whereas stirring, slowly pour in hen broth. Cook dinner, stirring often, till thickened, about 3 minutes. Stir in cream cheese, Worcestershire, pepper and salt, cook dinner, stirring, till easy, about 2 minutes. Take away from warmth and stir in 1 1/2 cups cheese. Pour the cheese sauce over the broccoli.
- Step 6 Soften the remaining 2 tablespoons butter. Mix the melted butter and the breadcrumbs in a medium bowl. Unfold evenly over the broccoli combination. Prime with the remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
- Step 7 Bake till the cheese is melted and the sauce is effervescent across the edges, 25 to half-hour.
What's your reaction?