Final week, a database that was not password protected uncovered greater than 61 million information containing information from health trackers and wearables, together with Apple HealthKit and Fitbit. On right now’s HIMSSCast a staff of HIMSS Media editors – host Jonah Comstock, MobiHealthNews Managing Editor Laura Lovett, MobiHealthNews Senior Editor Emily Olsen, and Healthcare IT Information Government Editor Mike Miliard – speak concerning the growing story and attempt to put it within the context of digital well being and well being IT information developments.
- The GetHealth information breach: What occurred?
- The FTC response – enforcement and clarification of breach notification guidelines.
- Consumerized well being performs catch-up with HIPAA.
- How this information impacts different developments like Apple well being sharing.
- Apple’s current spyware and adware breach.
- Why your well being information is effective to unhealthy actors.
- Classes realized from this information breach and questions going ahead.
- Impact on client belief and classes for customers.
- What comes subsequent?
Extra about this episode: