State licensure and differing rules on privateness, licensure and different questions have all the time been a barrier to virtual-care fashions that search to look after anybody with an Web connection. Which of these hurdles have been overcome and which nonetheless stay? And the way did COVID-19 and its related waivers have an effect on this advanced subject?
On this episode of HIMSSCast, a tie-in to our Digital Care Paradigm sequence, host Jonah Comstock welcomes Heather Alleva, an affiliate at Buchanan Ingersoll Rooney specializing in healthcare regulation, to get a rundown on a few of these points, together with some little-known follow restrictions. If you happen to’re enthusiastic about beginning a multistate digital care enterprise, be sure you give this one a pay attention.
- How COVID affected licensure legal guidelines, and what’s taking place to them now.
- How completely different state legal guidelines have an effect on telehealth reimbursement.
- How reimbursement impacts adoption and funding.
- Execs and cons of cost parity.
- Telehealth licensure compacts and the place they’re immediately.
- Limits and levers of federal authorities energy.
- How the federal government can lead by instance.
- How restrictions can hinder telehealth innovation.
- Privateness and safety legislative obstacles.
- The company follow of medication prohibition.
- Antitrust legal guidelines and well being know-how.
- Find out how to navigate the complexities of telehealth rules.
Extra about this episode:
Digital care regulation: What’s subsequent (this episode’s companion TV section)