Whereas the world has been glued to Elizabeth Holmes’ trial, the digital well being startup world hasn’t given up on the unique dream of Theranos: handy, accessible, low-cost blood testing out there at retail places locally.
In as we speak’s HIMSSCast, host Jonah Comstock checks in with David Stein, CEO of Babson Diagnostics. The corporate has developed a low-volume blood check that may be operated with no phlebotomist and may carry out a big panel of often-requested diagnostics. Jonah and David talk about why this expertise is vital, the way it works and what it is wish to function on this house when the injuries from the Theranos scandal are nonetheless recent.
- Babson’s pitch (and the elephant within the room).
- Doing accessible blood testing “with out cheats.”
- Partnering with retailers, Siemens and BD.
- Innovating the blood draw itself, and why it is vital.
- Innovating the logistics of the testing trade.
- A win-win for customers, payers, suppliers and retailers.
- How simple shopper blood testing can match into different digital care traits.
- The influence of the Theranos scandal on the blood testing trade.
- How Babson approaches innovation at scale.
- Shopper blood testing and well being fairness.
- Serving to individuals take management of their very own well being.
- Integrating level options into one healthcare ecosystem.
Extra about this episode:
Time for Innovation in Blood Testing Expertise (from Babson’s web site)